Thursday, August 7th, 2014
Rick Steves has several tips for mitigating jet lag when traveling to Europe. Since we can’t testify that his recommendations are effective, we thought we would share our own travel advice.
1. Use the 72-hours prior to your flight to wear yourself out. We recommend:
- Extracting, bottling, and labeling 250 lbs. of honey
- Leaving on a Monday so you can have one more Sunday of serving in church ministries
2. Dress to coordinate with your luggage (in case it gets lost).
3. Pack some nutritious snacks
4. Be sure to eat everything offered to you on the plane. This will help to disorient your internal clock.
5. After arrival, stay awake until 8 pm local time. The next morning, eat a hearty breakfast and take a long walk.
6. Ward off sleepiness with ice cream.